In the following interview with footballer Chris Cohen the questions have been removed.
- Your task is to read the text and match the questions (A-K) to the answers (23-30) and write the letters in the white boxes as shown in the example. There is one extra question that you do not need.
- An example has been given for you.
Chris Cohen was 16 years old when he made his first team debut for West Ham United, making him the youngest player to turn out for the team in 80 years.
|Yeah, always, since when I was a little boy. I was lucky because we had a park just down the road from our house and I was always down there with my brothers at all hours!|
1) ||I was playing for my local Sunday team, Grays Cosmos, when I got spotted by the youth coach at West Ham who came to watch our games.|
2) ||It was just brilliant, I mean to get a chance at such a young age was so unexpected.|
3) ||I was actually a Norwich fan.|
4) ||Central midfield, but I have also played left-back and left midfield for West Ham. I've played a load of games in midfield which has been great.|
5) ||I've got better now but while I was at West Ham, with the size of the crowds, I was terrible for nerves before a match.|
6) ||It's tough, but it varies depending on if you're in the starting 11, which can be very physical. Some days you run a lot but you know that comes with the territory of being a professional footballer.|
7) ||I like to play golf and also snooker. I do like quite a few other sports - I like to get out and do as much as I can.|
8) ||You have got to enjoy it, that's the most important part of it, but try not to feel too much pressure, especially at a young age.|
A) Do you ever get nervous before a game?
B) How do you like to relax away from football?
C) How did West Ham discover you?
D) What's the training like as a professional?
E) You made your debut at 16, becoming the youngest player to feature in a West Ham team for 80 years - it must have been great.
F) What advice would you give to any young footballer?
G) Have you always wanted to play football?
H) What team did you support when you were growing up?
I) Why did you start playing football?
K) What's your best position?